• Forum help and frequently asked questions
    Help
    • Forum help and frequently asked questions
spirometry
kareteko

176 Posts

Profile Picture
Posted:  26-Mar-2013 20:10
does anyone think glaucoma is a contraindication for spirometry?

Thanks

kareteko
biggles

1556 Posts

Posted:  26-Mar-2013 20:13
Yes, I always include glaucoma when I check if any contraindications to spirometry.
n/a

159 Posts

Posted:  26-Mar-2013 21:02
Depends. If well under control with meds/drops probably ok. If new glaucoma/ not controlled no. If in doubt ask for an opinion from their optician/consultant. Always best to delay and confirm ok and safe before proceeding. Interestingly I have had a few pts with aneurysms presenting for spiro recently. I contacted our loc al vascular nurse who advises that if the aneurysm is under 5.5 it is safe to proceed with spiro as this would not be big enough for treatment. I think we are going to see quite a few of these pts presenting with aneurysm screening in the future
kareteko

176 Posts

Profile Picture
Posted:  26-Mar-2013 23:00
Thanks.

kareteko
Please log in to post on the forum. It is free to register.
Some links are only clickable if you are logged in
Featured Jobs
Practice Nurse - Nottinghamshire
nurses.co.uk
Practice Nurse - Nottinghamshire... Medical is proud to announce that we are now recruiting for a Practice Nurse on behalf of one of our wonderful c....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 13 December 2018
Practice Nurse
nurses.co.uk
Locum Practice Nurse Shifts Available in HullEarn £25-42 per hour, boost your income, CPD and achieve the ideal work-life balance. No hassle applicati....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 13 December 2018
Practice Nurse, Hull
nurses.co.uk
Practice Nurse locum shifts available at GP surgery in Hull; £25 - £42 per hour (including holiday pay). Control your work rota completely, and determ....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 12 December 2018
Practice Nurse
nurses.co.uk
Practice Nurse, London, Full-time: Contract, £30ph - £33ph I am currently looking to recruit experienced Practice Nurses to work in London. Initial co....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 12 December 2018
Practice Nurse
nurses.co.uk
our long established client in London has come in, they are looking for Practice Nurse cover Our client takes pride in delivering the uppermost excell....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 07 December 2018
Events
Add Event
Public Personal