• Register for free
  • Forum help and frequently asked questions
    Help
    • Forum help and frequently asked questions
course of Twinrix not completed
pretty&pink

372 Posts

Posted:  14-Jun-2015 09:41
hi all, advice please, patient had accelerated course of Twinrix (adult) missed the 12 month dose, patient has had a single hepatitis A vaccine this month at another clinic, would protection be achieved if a single dose of hepatitis B (adult) was given? or should another dose of Twinrix be given?
thanks for advice
karen.rudd

11589 Posts

Posted:  14-Jun-2015 13:43
Not sure you can do anything else really. Was the hep A given at twelve months? If yes then they have had more than enough hep A and just missing the fourth hep B. Would probably be outside your PGD so PSD needed

Please be informed that the above is the opinion of the author and is in no way meant to be taken as instruction.

karen
iPhone App Posted on my iPhone
n/a

183 Posts

Posted:  25-Jun-2015 07:43
Would be grateful for your help Karen or any of the other travel gurus out there - I had a similar scenario earlier this week.
Patient travelling to Egypt in two weeks time who had received his previous travel vaccinations in October 2010.
At that time he had been given rapid schedule Twinrix x 3 but never came back for the fourth dose at 12 months.
We no longer keep Twinrix in stock and so would have to order in specifically and also now have to charge for Hep B for travel, hence I have given him Hepatyrix for this forthcoming trip but not sure what I should do about his Hep B?

tiredandemotional

3944 Posts

Profile Picture
Posted:  25-Jun-2015 08:35
I think you have two options.

Either charge him for the hep B that he now needs, or disregard the hepatyrix you have just given him and order in  a dose of Twinrix.
Please log in to post on the forum. It is free to register.
Some links are only clickable if you are logged in
Featured Jobs
Lead Practice Nurse - Private Sector
nurses.co.uk
Lead Practice NurseFull TimePermanent London (SE1)£40 - £45,000 salary As the Lead Practice Nurse you will be working for a private healthcare provide....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 22 June 2017
Practice Nurse needed In West London
nurses.co.uk
My client is looking for a practice nurse to cover 2 days a week (Wednesday and Friday) possible more coming up in West London area. Must be able to d....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 07 June 2017
Practice Nurse required in East London
nurses.co.uk
Practice Nurses urgently required at various GP Surgeries in East London (E12, E15 etc) Full days - please let us know you availability. ....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 07 June 2017
Practice Nurse - Ilford
nurses.co.uk
Practice Nurse - Ilford Practice Nurse salary £25 - £42 (inc. holiday pay). No minimum number of hours to work. Diversify your wor....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 05 June 2017
Advanced Nurse Practitioner Job - Wembley
nurses.co.uk
A part-time opportunity has arisen for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in a high achieving, family-run GP surgery in Wembley. The surgery is looking fo....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 02 June 2017
Events
Recent Events
Add Event
Public Personal