• Register for free
  • Forum help and frequently asked questions
    Help
    • Forum help and frequently asked questions
acwy
suem1

27 Posts

Posted:  14-Jun-2017 09:03
we have had a heated discussion today in surgery about offering acwy to university students. I remember being told at my last imms update that if student asked for it they could have it at any stage of their course (up to 25 years of age) but a colleague says only if in the first year. what are your views please

suem1
Barkercm

22 Posts

Posted:  14-Jun-2017 10:21
This is a sticky subject..one i constantly gave to revisit i.e. Look at PGD ...remember quidance at updates etc....I remember I was told the "freshers" should only be given to "freshers" i.e. First years.... difficult cohort to reign in as the gap between leaving school and going to uni is tricky!!! Thankfully in the near future all will have had at "school leavers" time so less will need to be done at General Practice level (here's hoping).... our PGD is a bit woolly  re years it's offered too and who does gives it and when , theoretically mature students are at risk so making sure a "fresher" is covered under 25 years is probably their thinking...my understanding is we're meant "casually " invite them in...you need to look at your local contract too... which gives all the "Services" we "buy" into.....Hope this helps.... I'm still trying to get to grips with this...I'm looking forward to when Hep B is added to the primary inm's ...."not" as we'd have to go through the "why can't my child have it too " scenario ..like we had for Men B.

Caroline
tigger1

1006 Posts

Posted:  14-Jun-2017 16:34
check vaccine update
lauren2010

85 Posts

Posted:  15-Jun-2017 05:59
From what I have read basically everyone under 25 who hasn't had can have opportunistically whether they are going to uni or not and now everyone 18 is being called in to have
Jan2312

7 Posts

Posted:  19-Jun-2017 09:29
Attended an update on Friday last week. It can be given opportunistically up to the age of 25.

Jan
neverassume

39 Posts

Posted:  19-Jun-2017 21:59
We too were initially told only freshers at uni but when we queried this we were eventually told that we could give to any uni students under the age of 25.

Neverassume
Please log in to post on the forum. It is free to register.
Some links are only clickable if you are logged in
Featured Jobs
Lead Practice Nurse - Private Sector
nurses.co.uk
Lead Practice NurseFull TimePermanent London (SE1)£40 - £45,000 salary As the Lead Practice Nurse you will be working for a private healthcare provide....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 22 June 2017
Practice Nurse needed In West London
nurses.co.uk
My client is looking for a practice nurse to cover 2 days a week (Wednesday and Friday) possible more coming up in West London area. Must be able to d....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 07 June 2017
Practice Nurse required in East London
nurses.co.uk
Practice Nurses urgently required at various GP Surgeries in East London (E12, E15 etc) Full days - please let us know you availability. ....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 07 June 2017
Practice Nurse - Ilford
nurses.co.uk
Practice Nurse - Ilford Practice Nurse salary £25 - £42 (inc. holiday pay). No minimum number of hours to work. Diversify your wor....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 05 June 2017
Advanced Nurse Practitioner Job - Wembley
nurses.co.uk
A part-time opportunity has arisen for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in a high achieving, family-run GP surgery in Wembley. The surgery is looking fo....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 02 June 2017
Events
Recent Events
Add Event
Public Personal