• Register for free
  • Forum help and frequently asked questions
    Help
    • Forum help and frequently asked questions
travel
janie

34 Posts

Posted:  15-Jun-2017 19:18
I have a patient booked tomorrow morning for Hep A typhoid ( have to give separately as combination out of stock) and revaxis However he is taking warfarin Not sure if these can be given subcut
tiredandemotional

3944 Posts

Profile Picture
Posted:  15-Jun-2017 19:24 Log in to like this post
Do you have PGDs for these?

Many PGDs mention giving injections as deep sub-cut in the case of bleeding disorders.

Personally, I don't see a warfarinised patientwith an INR in range as having a bleeding disorder, and I would give these injections IM.

Others may disagree, and most PSDs would support this. 

Giving S/C will not reduce the efficacy of the vaccine, though it may increase the risk of localised reactions.

This is just my opinion and not an instruction. T&E x
Please log in to post on the forum. It is free to register.
Some links are only clickable if you are logged in
Featured Jobs
Lead Practice Nurse - Private Sector
nurses.co.uk
Lead Practice NurseFull TimePermanent London (SE1)£40 - £45,000 salary As the Lead Practice Nurse you will be working for a private healthcare provide....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 22 June 2017
Practice Nurse - Maternity Cover
We are seeking to appoint a 13 month fixed term maternity cover Practice Nurse. Experienced Practice Nurse with an interest in Asthma/COPD to provide ....
This job offer was posted by NHS Jobs 26 June 2017
PRACTICE NURSE
PRACTICE NURSE REQUIRED. Friendly training practice seeks to recruit an enthusiastic practice nurse to work in our 7000+ patient practice....
This job offer was posted by NHS Jobs 26 June 2017
Salaried Trainee Practice Nurse
Salaried Trainee Practice Nurse. As well as input from course tutors when at university, you will also receive support in your host practice from a me....
This job offer was posted by NHS Jobs 23 June 2017
Nurse Practitioner
All aspects of General Practice care. We are looking to recruit a Nurse Practitioner to join an established team in a friendly 3 Doctor GP practice to....
This job offer was posted by NHS Jobs 21 June 2017
Events
Recent Events
Add Event
Public Personal