• Forum help and frequently asked questions
    Help
    • Forum help and frequently asked questions
Yellow fever certificate
pymouth1

848 Posts

Profile Picture
Posted:  11-Oct-2017 12:37
I have a couple in their late 70's travelling to Brazil in Jan 2018. They both had YF in 1990 but do not have certificates. 
I know Brazil does not require certificates but would it be a good idea to issue exemption or would that be a bit pointless?!

Judy
karen.rudd

11746 Posts

Posted:  11-Oct-2017 16:00
Are you sure they had the vaccine in 1990? If you have the details of that vaccine then a cert could be re-issued?
Are crossing any borders?
The main thing to know they have been vaccinated for their personal protection?

Please be informed that the above is the opinion of the author and is in no way meant to be taken as instruction.

karen
pymouth1

848 Posts

Profile Picture
Posted:  11-Oct-2017 22:40
They have the exact date of the YF vaccine written in their travel record booklets but no batch or make of vaccine. And looking into their paper records there is no YF vaccine recorded. 

The only places they are going are Brazil and Argentina and the Faulkland Islands (as far as I remeber) so I don't think they will need to have a certificate for these 2 places.

And a you say, the main thing is to know that the have been vaccinated for their own personal protection.

Judy
pymouth1

848 Posts

Profile Picture
Posted:  11-Oct-2017 22:41
PS. thanks for you reply Karen!

Judy
karen.rudd

11746 Posts

Posted:  11-Oct-2017 23:21
Due to the ongoing out breaks in Brazil current certificate requirements in Argentina and the Falklands could change at short notice according to nathnac however , so would be good for them to find or replace their certificate. If you know exactly when it was given (was this your surgery?) then isn’t there an entry in your yellow fever register? If not given at your surgery then the original yellow fever centre that provided the vaccine should have the details on their register?

Please be informed that the above is the opinion of the author and is in no way meant to be taken as instruction.

karen
iPhone App Posted on my iPhone
Please log in to post on the forum. It is free to register.
Some links are only clickable if you are logged in
Featured Jobs
Practice Nurse
Langley Health Centre
We are looking for a full-time Experienced Practice Nurse to join our very busy, but friendly practice. We are a long established, large practice teac....
This job offer was posted by Kulvinder 02 October 2017
Nurse Team Leader – GP Surgery
GP Centre
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, accomplished and self-motivated GP Practice Nurse to join our multi-disciplinary team. Based ....
This job offer was posted by judithhartland 26 September 2017
Practice Nurse Vacancy - Surbiton
nurses.co.uk
Position: Practice NurseHours: Part time; FlexibleSalary: Band 6/7, Dependent on ExperienceLocat... SurbitonWe have a great opportunity for a motivat....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 13 October 2017
Practice nurse in Leatherhead
nurses.co.uk
Our client in the Leatherhead area are looking for an experienced Practice Nurse to work at their friendly GP Practice on a locum basis. The successfu....
Brand New Practice Nurse Vacancy - Watford
nurses.co.uk
Chase Medical is delighted to be recruiting for a Practice Nurse in a fantastic GP surgery in the Watford area. This role is offered on a permanent ba....
Events
Recent Events
Add Event
Public Personal