• Forum help and frequently asked questions
    Help
    • Forum help and frequently asked questions
flus for 18/19
Pages 1  2  3  
cloe

425 Posts

Posted:  05-Feb-2018 20:18
Hi, just had it confirmed by PHE - its to be Quad for under 65s and the new adjuvanted trivalent for all over 65s. seqirus and sanofi have confirmed they can fulfil all orders placed before end of March. A few drug companies are going to lose out this year... Cloe
Prune

9 Posts

Posted:  10-Feb-2018 11:02
Still trying to sort it out in my head.  Mylan  very helpful will change order told me Seqirus discounts close next week. Tried calling them but half day on Fridays! This job gets harder every week
mrsjasper

699 Posts

Posted:  10-Feb-2018 11:20 Log in to like this post
Because flu season isn't complicated enough already!

MrsJ
mars

422 Posts

Posted:  10-Feb-2018 21:47 Log in to like this post
Our practice have decided to arrange under 65 and over 65 clinics to ease the complications of different vaccine.

MP
mika

466 Posts

Posted:  11-Feb-2018 14:54 Log in to like this post
64 year old Mrs Jones won't be happy she can't come at the same time as 66 year old Mr Jones. 😍😉
tiredandemotional

4401 Posts

Profile Picture
Posted:  11-Feb-2018 15:08
...and I dare say it will matter when they turn 65 too. Age on the day, on 31.12 or 31.3? This is just my opinion and not an instruction. T&E x
s.r.g

98 Posts

Posted:  12-Feb-2018 16:52
The product license for the ATri Vac is 65 and over which to me means the 'rising 65' i.e. those 65 by end of March following year who would normally get invited for their first flu vac who are not in 'at risk group' will need a none adjuvanted tri ~(needs clarification), all other under 65 - at risk CDM(and over 6M) will get QUAD, assume informal will fall into Tri as HCPs will get QUAD - basically four different flu vac in fridge! Big notices everywhere. Having said that at least the evidence is the new aTri is more effective in the over 65's and should have impact on reducing winter pressures! Will pharmacy have the range available? Still lots of Q's needing answers

Sharon
Della

1685 Posts

Posted:  12-Feb-2018 19:18
So which flu vacc is the quadrivalent flu vacc for this Sept, I’m not having any luck searching the internet!
iPhone App Posted on my iPhone
tiredandemotional

4401 Posts

Profile Picture
Posted:  12-Feb-2018 19:35
We are getting ours from Sanofi, though I'm not certain they are the only manufacturer producing QIV

This is just my opinion and not an instruction. T&E x
Della

1685 Posts

Posted:  13-Feb-2018 12:48
Apparently Sanofi are not doing the quadrivalent flu this year!
tiredandemotional

4401 Posts

Profile Picture
Posted:  13-Feb-2018 13:26
According to this they are, Della. Maybe they are not accepting any new orders. Ours were ordered and guaranteed before Christmas.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/vaccine-ordering-18-19-influenza-season-gp-pharm.pdf

Della

1685 Posts

Posted:  13-Feb-2018 22:57
OK, thanks T&E, I'll call them tomorrow. On the vaccine update 2018 list it says SP & MASTA do the quadrivalent flus, but we had a letter at work yesterday saying that SP are not providing it for 2018-19 flu season.

Not sure who it came from so maybe it is wrong information. 

I have to say I am not convinced that two suppliers will be able to produce sufficient for the entire UK given how many companies produce trivalent, but  I guess time willtell. Oh, I am SO not looking forward to this Sept!!

nursegladys

32 Posts

Posted:  11-Jun-2018 11:15
it will be interesting to see what the PGD says as guidance for giving the flu Quadrivalent if it states only under 65 years i think we are going to struggle as only ordered 400 Trivalent
calnerunner13

50 Posts

Posted:  29-Jul-2018 11:49
Hi at flu update 2weeks ago re shortage of tri were shown latest info saying tri only one licenced for over 75 and quad licenced under 65 , but although the 65-75 tri preferred but can use quad as still licenced up to 75 .
So we're all advised to invite the over 75 first before we run out of tri ,then under 65 re quad then the 65-75 and use according to how much of each we had left .
CrochetNurse

121 Posts

Posted:  29-Jul-2018 15:29
Oh so looking forward to flu campaign this year.... not...😮

Caz
Flower

1313 Posts

Posted:  31-Aug-2018 21:28
So  we attach a blue needle on the prefilled Fluad  and then?..........does anybody know if it comes with an airbubble and if so do we keep it in as with other Flu vaccines of past or expel??? No mention in our PGD which just arrived and i looked up the product licence and found no reference either. Anyone got any info??? Thanks
Prissy

163 Posts

Posted:  03-Sep-2018 21:01
PGD.... Please make sure you read Special consideration/ additional information section particularly for those that haven’t ordered enough aTIV.
tiredandemotional

4401 Posts

Profile Picture
Posted:  03-Sep-2018 21:07
Flower, our first batch arrived today, along with a supply of 1" orange needles. I'm hoping this will minimise the local reaction we can expect from the adjuvent.

JEBV

78 Posts

Posted:  04-Sep-2018 06:30
Flower- you always keep the air bubble in if it’s a manufacturers drug filled syringe. It’s put there deliberately to facilitate the molecules of the drug travelling in to the body ( so to speak) . You only ever expel air bubbles from syringes that you’ve drawn up yourself. Hope that helps x
Iloveholidays

41 Posts

Posted:  06-Sep-2018 07:36
as we now have to do give flu jabs to all healthcare staff ( that are patients) has anyone got the code for system one that will entitle them to flu jab

Sal x
Please log in to post on the forum. It is free to register.
Some links are only clickable if you are logged in
Pages 1  2  3  
Featured Jobs
part time practice nurse
Grove village medical centre
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated nurse to join our amazing practice team to work for 8 hours per month, 4 hours each on a coupl....
This job offer was posted by Sdhandee 15 October 2018
Practice Nurse - Barking, London
nurses.co.uk
Want to work in the busy, ideal location of Barking?Are you an experienced Practice Nurse looking for a new, exciting career move?This job is expected....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 19 October 2018
Senior Practice Development Nurse - Emergency Dept
nurses.co.uk
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and bus....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 12 October 2018
Practice Nurse
nurses.co.uk
Chase Medical is seeking an experienced Practice Nurse to work in a GP Practice in the Paddington area of London on a flexible locum basis. By working....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 10 October 2018
Practice Nurse
Practice Nurse Qualification Desirable but not essential. Undertake all duties and responsibilities related to the practice nurse role....
This job offer was posted by HCA Healthcare UK 19 October 2018
Events
Add Event
Public Personal