• Search all forums
  • Forum help and frequently asked questions
    Help
    • Forum help and frequently asked questions
vaccines without other clinicians
nursejackie

48 Posts

Posted:  10-Jun-2018 22:15
I have always only given vaccines/ in particular baby imms if another clinician on the premises either a nurse or gp in case of an anaphalatic reaction and support that may be needed in an emergency situation. A place that I work ad hoc seem to think it is ok to do but I am not happy. I have looked for guidelines HSE say it is best practice but nothing concrete. any advice thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks
Jx
Della

1685 Posts

Posted:  11-Jun-2018 07:26
Discussed several times on the forum, try using the search button to read previous threads, but no, not necessary to have a clinician present, as long as there is a ”responsible adult” who can call for help and assist you.
iPhone App Posted on my iPhone
caroline2000

3 Posts

Posted:  12-Jun-2018 07:20
This is from the RCN

Administering vaccines in a General Practice setting
There is no reason for a medical practitioner to be on site when vaccines are being administered. Nurses should only administer immunisation and vaccines if they are trained and competent and this includes being up to date with anaphylaxis management. In all cases of anaphylaxis, an ambulance should be called. It is good practice to have another person available who is also trained in managing anaphylaxis
Please log in to post on the forum. It is free to register.
Some links are only clickable if you are logged in
Featured Jobs
part time practice nurse
Grove village medical centre
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated nurse to join our amazing practice team to work for 8 hours per month, 4 hours each on a coupl....
This job offer was posted by Sdhandee 15 October 2018
Practice Nurse - Barking, London
nurses.co.uk
Want to work in the busy, ideal location of Barking?Are you an experienced Practice Nurse looking for a new, exciting career move?This job is expected....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 19 October 2018
Senior Practice Development Nurse - Emergency Dept
nurses.co.uk
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and bus....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 12 October 2018
Practice Nurse
nurses.co.uk
Chase Medical is seeking an experienced Practice Nurse to work in a GP Practice in the Paddington area of London on a flexible locum basis. By working....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 10 October 2018
Practice Nurse
Practice Nurse Qualification Desirable but not essential. Undertake all duties and responsibilities related to the practice nurse role....
This job offer was posted by HCA Healthcare UK 19 October 2018
Events
Add Event
Public Personal