• Search all forums
  • Forum help and frequently asked questions
    Help
    • Forum help and frequently asked questions
Hep a
Pixie101

146 Posts

Posted:  10-Oct-2018 18:25
If a pt had hep a junior 8-9 years ago and had an adult hep a last yr would you consider them protected or would you boost them again now? Unsure with the first one been a junior one and also so long ago. My initial thought was they will still be protected but now I’m thinking should I give a booster. Thanks
Flower

1329 Posts

Profile Picture
Posted:  10-Oct-2018 20:30 Log in to like this post
If he was a junior and received age appropriate vaccine for 1st dose and then received adult Hep A vaccine as an adult for 2nd dose the patient will have 25 years protection so no need to boost
Pixie101

146 Posts

Posted:  15-Oct-2018 06:36
Thanks, is this in the green book? I did look but couldn’t find that specifically? Will have another look today, thanks very much :-)
Pixie101

146 Posts

Posted:  15-Oct-2018 06:36
Thanks, is this in the green book? I did look but couldn’t find that specifically? Will have another look today, thanks very much :-)
karen.rudd

12155 Posts

Posted:  16-Oct-2018 18:48
See following
https://www.janechiodini.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Hepatitis-A-FAQs-from-TRAVAX-document.pdf

Please be informed that the above is the opinion of the author and is in no way meant to be taken as instruction.

karen
iPhone App Posted on my iPhone
Please log in to post on the forum. It is free to register.
Some links are only clickable if you are logged in
Featured Jobs
Practice Nurse, Eltham area
nurses.co.uk
Background - A considerate, well-run practice which is respected by healthcare professionals locally is looking to recruit a new Practice Nurse due to....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 21 February 2019
Practice Nurse, Hull
nurses.co.uk
Role: Practice Nurse.Location: HullSalary: £25 - £42 per hour (Including Holiday Pay).Hours: Locum Work; Flexible Hours Available.Are you a Practice N....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 20 February 2019
Practice Nurse - Brixton
nurses.co.uk
Practice Nurse - BrixtonUp to Fulltime hours (30 hours minimum)Salary, band 75 weeks annual leave + BHStart date ASAP A fantastic Practice based in Br....
Practice Nurse, Hull
nurses.co.uk
Practice Nurse locum work available in Hull, including evenings and weekends! £25 - £42 per hour (including holiday pay). You would be supporting a gr....
Practice Nurse
nurses.co.uk
Position: Practice NurseJob type: Permanent, full timeSalary: Negotiable, dependent on experienceMy client is looking for an experienced Practice Nurs....
This job offer was posted by nurses.co.uk 19 February 2019
Events
Add Event
Public Personal